Dr. Jamie Naughright

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:07 PM

Dr. Jamie Naughright has brought yet another lawsuit based on sexual harassment allegations.

As with two prior litigations, this lawsuit once again includes allegations made against Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning during his time at the University of Tennessee. According to the allegations, Manning “forcefully” maneuvered his naked testicles and rectum directly over Dr. Jamie Naughright while she examined him in 1996 for a possible stress fracture in his foot. Allegedly, Manning also rested his penis on her head.

I can’t help but imagine that might have had a sort of a tripod-look; maybe even a "forceful" tripod.

This not the first litigation involving this matter. In fact, Dr. Jamie Naughright has previously received settlements from both the University of Tennessee and the Manning family (Peyton and father Archie, as well a third man who was the ghost writer of a book).

Further, the current litigation pertains to something alleged to occur in 1996, and which was previously addressed in 1997 and again in 2003.

The last time I looked, it is now February 2016. That is twenty years and two lawsuit settlements after-the-fact.

At the time of the alleged incidents, Dr. Jamie Naughright, then married and using the name Jamie Whited, was the Director of Health and Wellness for the University of Tennessee’s men’s athletic program. Her responsibilities included being the trainer for the men’s football team.

It was while employed in this capacity that Whited/Naughright suggests Manning stuck his balls, hootis and brown eye in and about her face. Manning, on the other hand, denies the allegation – explaining that he was mooning another football player (and presumably she was caught in the moon’s rays).

In what appears to have been her first bite of the apple, Naughright left the University of Tennessee but not until after she settled a sexual harassment lawsuit with the school in 1997 for $300,000. Naughright’s lawsuit also included several other allegations dating back to 1990. In all, Naughright made claims of 33 incidents against athletes, trainers, coaches and administrators, all of which allegedly occurred during the timespan beginning in 1990 and ending in 1997.

There is also some question as to whether Naughright had some “shared responsibility” in the harassment. A report written at the time stated “Ms. Whited often sent mixed messages about matters complained of in her allegations in that she herself exhibited similar behavior or did not make clear that she found particular conduct to be offensive”. It is also claimed that Naughright often used profanity “to prove that she was one of the boys.”

Sometime following the $300,000 settlement, Naughright claimed she lost her next job (at Florida Southern College) because Peyton Manning and Archie Manning subsequently referred to her as being ‘vulgar’ in a book they co-wrote in 2001. Once again, Naughright received a second settlement (this time, of an undisclosed amount) arising out of a lawsuit she filed against Peyton and Archie Manning.

One might gather that Ms. Naughright has a penchant toward litigation.

In fact, in an unrelated matter, Naughright later sued designer Donna Karan after Naughright was allegedly injured by a physical therapist in Donna Karan’s bedroom. All counts against Karan and the therapist were dismissed by the federal district court, Southern District of New York, in 2013.

I’ll be candid. I have no idea what happened. I’ve been in enough locker rooms to have seen just about everything. Regardless, I won’t dismiss sexual harassment as the hijinks of an immature college kid. Perhaps if Peyton had been less “forceful” in maneuvering his naked testicles and rectum - then all of this would now be a thing of the past.

But one might also argue that Naughright has had two chances to grab the brass ring, and received settlements in both cases. One might argue she has had two opportunities to have her day(s) in court during which she could have aired all of her grievances. Instead, she opted to reach agreements and take settlements.

Twice.

For claims arising out of the same matter.

If nothing else, she certainly seems litigious.

But, has this (previously-settled ) matter – now being tried a third time – somehow ascended to the level of sexual assault? There are claims now being made that were not part of either of the two prior claims. Maybe she forgot? We would probably all argue that regardless of what it was, it was inappropriate locker room behavior.

We would probably all also argue that whatever it was, it was settled.

Twice.

While putting your balls and anus in someone’s face is (thankfully) not typical behavior - if in fact it occurred - why would Naughright (or her then-husband) tolerate harassment of this nature from 1990 until 1997? That is enough time to see a tremendous number of balls and way too many anuses (ani?). I would not have sat idly by my wife while someone else was forcefully maneuvering Jim and the twins in her face.

It seems certain something happened, but there are not a lot of facts to go on.

In fact, the only facts I can see are:

1. There was a first lawsuit; and
2. There was a $300,000 settlement to that first lawsuit; and
3. There was a second lawsuit, and
4. There was another settlement for that second lawsuit; and now
5. Fifteen years later, there is another lawsuit.

Am I missing something?

#2 Triton_

Triton_

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

can you write a short synopsis

#3 doc HD

doc HD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

Well there are a lot of "litigious screwballs " out there . Honestly don't think this will  mar  Payton's legacy.  But  that aside : if she was down  by his foot examining it  and he  placed his Johnson and balls on her head --he should calling Guinness not an attorney!!

• BeauB likes this

#4 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

Wow - she was CRUSHED on this:

http://www.leagle.co...HRIGHT v. WEISS

#5 labelhunter

labelhunter

Senior Member #1

• Members
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

Haha "Robbins suggested that Naughright needed a "vagina release" procedure."

#6 RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

PHF REP/MOD

• Super Moderators
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

Haha "Robbins suggested that Naughright needed a "vagina release" procedure."

Haha

#7 Bronkko

Bronkko

Senior Citizen Member

• Members
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

id make like Big Pun and crush alot.

jamie-naughright-3-e1455475231334.jpg?qu

#8 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

"The Karan Defendants have asserted that Naughright has an extensive history of filing repetitive lawsuits against or involving public figures, apparently having "spent the majority of eight years [1998 through 2005] filing legal complaints against or about [Peyton] Manning . . . [some of which] had no basis in law or in fact and were fueled only by [plaintiff's] relentless search for revenge."

"Also noted by the Karan Defendants is another personal injury action currently pending in Circuit Court, Polk County, Florida filed five months prior to the commencement of this lawsuit and in which Naughright seeks compensation for physical injuries of the kind she has alleged herein. See Naughright v. Deli Delicacies, Inc.", et al., No.: 2010CA-005205-0000 (Fla. Cir. Ct. 2002).

"Conclusion
The entry of a partial final judgment dismissing the claims against the Karan Defendants is granted, the caption is amended accordingly and the motion for injunction is denied."

http://www.leagle.co...HRIGHT v. WEISS

I can't be the only one amused by "Robbins then offered to massage Naughright's breasts and declared that Naughright's left breast was dead."

I wonder if breasts can die as a result of excessive litigation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users