Alcohol Macro?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

How should I configure alcohol into my macros if I have 3 shots at night to help me sleep? I know I know it's bad for me but it's the only thing that has worked and gets me 4-5 hours sound sleep the last couple of years.

Anyway, I'm figuring 3 shots is 300 calories and I'm adding it to my total daily calories number, but I'm told hard liquor like tequila isn't really technically a carb...but something's got to give...so which of my macros do I decrease to compensate for the alcohol?

Another question for anyone who knows. Yesterday at my gym I overheard one of the personal trainers giving someone nutritional advice (so of course I had to eavesdrop like a mofo) say that there's no way you can get low body fat levels (ripped) if you drink a lot of alcohol every day. Is that true?

Every day I build a little more muscle, get a little less fat and a lot more knowledge

#2 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

Actual alcohol depends, flavored alcohols have more calories than straight bourbon or tequila. As far as never getting ripped if you drink, seriously, diet dictates b8dy fat, so if you drink alcohol, keep carbs down, protect liver, and use moderately.
  • delariva and Looseunitwa like this

#3 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

Factor it as a carb. It really doesn't mater though as net energy balance is what really matters.
  • delariva likes this

http://milehighkratom.com/

janoy15 for 15% discount

Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

#4 staytrue82

staytrue82

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

How should I configure alcohol into my macros if I have 3 shots at night to help me sleep? I know I know it's bad for me but it's the only thing that has worked and gets me 4-5 hours sound sleep the last couple of years.

Anyway, I'm figuring 3 shots is 300 calories and I'm adding it to my total daily calories number, but I'm told hard liquor like tequila isn't really technically a carb...but something's got to give...so which of my macros do I decrease to compensate for the alcohol?

Another question for anyone who knows. Yesterday at my gym I overheard one of the personal trainers giving someone nutritional advice (so of course I had to eavesdrop like a mofo) say that there's no way you can get low body fat levels (ripped) if you drink a lot of alcohol every day. Is that true?

Nitequil might help you I think its like 20-30% alcohol
  • delariva likes this

#5 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

Tried NyQuil but for some reason it causes me to regurg about an hour after falling asleep.

???

Every day I build a little more muscle, get a little less fat and a lot more knowledge

#6 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:22 PM

Tried NyQuil but for some reason it causes me to regurg about an hour after falling asleep.

???

no you don't drink NyQuil for sleep. Just take some benadryl, melatonin, or valerian root.
  • delariva likes this

janoy15 for 15% discount

#7 jh1988

jh1988

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:46 AM

My opinion is its not so much the calories in alcohol that are the problem. It affects protein synthesis and for some causes the body to retain fat. 3 shots a night is probably ok though as long as your diet is in check the rest of the time. My problem was always getting hungry and eating junk food after drinking.
  • delariva likes this
Currently Cutting/Cruising On:

Test 250mg/week

#8 Looseunitwa

Looseunitwa

• Members
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:43 AM

It's weird and individual I guess. Drinking alcohol actually keeps me awake. Don't get me wrong. It will put me asleep maybe for 2-3hrs but after that, fuk I'm awake till morning. I actually have to get shitfaced to sleep a good 7+ hrs lol. Then of course wake feeling shit.
  • delariva likes this

#9 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

My opinion is its not so much the calories in alcohol that are the problem. It affects protein synthesis and for some causes the body to retain fat. 3 shots a night is probably ok though as long as your diet is in check the rest of the time. My problem was always getting hungry and eating junk food after drinking.

but net calories are what truly matters.

• delariva likes this

janoy15 for 15% discount

#10 dANIMAL11

dANIMAL11

Antaeus Labs Rep

• Members
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

Alcohol is 7 calories per gram
  • delariva and frank thomas like this

Antaeus Labs Rep

#11 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:13 AM

Hey kind of off topic but since you're an AL rep just wanted to say Baiba kicks ass for preventing fat gain during a bulk. Solid product that doesn't get near the attention it deserves.

Alcohol is 7 calories per gram

• dANIMAL11 likes this

#12 dANIMAL11

dANIMAL11

Antaeus Labs Rep

• Members
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:34 PM

Yeah BAIBA is wonderful.... And totally under rated and under utilized.

Antaeus Labs Rep

#13 videohunter

videohunter

• Members
  • 992 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:37 AM

Yeah BAIBA is wonderful.... And totally under rated and under utilized.

Agree 100%

#14 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Is it also good for fat LOSS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users