Transdermal Dhea As An Addition To Trt

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:37 AM

I wanted to share my recent experience with adding transdermal DHEA to my (also transdermal) TRT.

About two weeks ago I was feeling lethargic, and decided to start taking oral DHEA (25 mg twice per day) and oral pregnenolone (20 mg per day). A few days later, I homebrewed some transdermal DHEA (37.5 mg/ml) and began using that as well (in additional to the oral DHEA/preg). I understand the oral bioavailability of DHEA is low, so I thought I would give transdermal try.

My anecdotal results are that I feel much better, with higher libido, and with much more energy and a better degree of optimism.

I realize this is not magic, and some may scoff - but I am going to keep doing it for a while and see if I continue to have (or think I have) positive results.

Just a note to the older crowd.

Oh, another thought. Rather than use my other transdermal carriers - I opted instead to use Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream (with the pump dispenser). I added maybe 2% DMSO, and a small amount of Isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, ocytl salicylate, triglyceride complex, water, d-limonene (by adding some Smart Powders topical carrier). So far, it appears to be a very cost effective way of administering inexpensive DHEA powder). I also added a splash of after shave, wanting to help mask the smell of the Smart Powders carrier.

The end.
  • sinewave3 and Nostrum like this

#2 sinewave3

sinewave3

• Members
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:11 PM

Interesting, thanks for posting this. I experimented with oral DHEA a few months ago 25-50 mg 2x per day. Did this solo and and felt a decrease in my "natural" lethargy.

Read that DHEA can be mildly supressive so I stopped and thought I would save it for my next cycle.

Sinewave3's Road To Recovery log: http://www.prohormon...ad-to-recovery/

#3 lanky 1

lanky 1

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:45 PM

i also take dhea daily for a nootropic,,i take 50mg twice a day sometimes 50mg once a day,,,anything over that and i get a stiff neck..i also find a slight boost in energy and mood..has several beneficial downstream metabolites that are neuroactive steroids and antiglucocorticoids...skin gets a little bit more oily around the hairline..

• sinewave3 likes this

#4 lanky 1

lanky 1

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

glad to see someone is doing some interesting stuff here

I wanted to share my recent experience with adding transdermal DHEA to my (also transdermal) TRT.

About two weeks ago I was feeling lethargic, and decided to start taking oral DHEA (25 mg twice per day) and oral pregnenolone (20 mg per day). A few days later, I homebrewed some transdermal DHEA (37.5 mg/ml) and began using that as well (in additional to the oral DHEA/preg). I understand the oral bioavailability of DHEA is low, so I thought I would give transdermal try.

My anecdotal results are that I feel much better, with higher libido, and with much more energy and a better degree of optimism.

I realize this is not magic, and some may scoff - but I am going to keep doing it for a while and see if I continue to have (or think I have) positive results.

Just a note to the older crowd.

Oh, another thought. Rather than use my other transdermal carriers - I opted instead to use Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream (with the pump dispenser). I added maybe 2% DMSO, and a small amount of Isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, ocytl salicylate, triglyceride complex, water, d-limonene (by adding some Smart Powders topical carrier). So far, it appears to be a very cost effective way of administering inexpensive DHEA powder). I also added a splash of after shave, wanting to help mask the smell of the Smart Powders carrier.

The end.

agen/skin appearance after a few months of using a face cream that was a high concentration dhea cream applied directly to the face.

#5 testosteronet

testosteronet

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

I've always loved Dermacrine with everything. It's like icing on the cake for me. I've picked up some Alpha Gainz TD DHEA to see if it was the DHEA in the Dermacrine I like so much or the combination of ingredients in Dermacrine that makes that icing. Have not experimented to figure it out, yet.

#6 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:04 AM

I've always loved Dermacrine with everything. It's like icing on the cake for me. I've picked up some Alpha Gainz TD DHEA to see if it was the DHEA in the Dermacrine I like so much or the combination of ingredients in Dermacrine that makes that icing. Have not experimented to figure it out, yet.

Keep us posted. Interested to know. Thank you.

#7 WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

WrkHrdPlyHrd9999

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:04 AM

BeauB: Wicked post mangg. Well done grasshoppa

#8 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:00 AM

Guys,  I can honestly say (albeit without supporting blood work) that I am feeling so much more "myself" since starting this.

A relatively small amount of oral Pregnenolone and TD DHEA have created a far greater sense of well being.

• testosteronet likes this

#9 testosteronet

testosteronet

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

Guys, I can honestly say (albeit without supporting blood work) that I am feeling so much more "myself" since starting this.

A relatively small amount of oral Pregnenolone and TD DHEA have created a far greater sense of well being.

I like BeauB when he's himself. Livens up the place.

#10 Nostrum

Nostrum

Head Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

Thank you for sharing Beu

For those who don't want to play mad scientist:

https://alphagainz.c...roduct/dhea-td/

#11 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

Thank you for sharing Beu

For those who don't want to play mad scientist:

https://alphagainz.c...roduct/dhea-td/

That looks legit - and the prices for their products (at least from a retailer in my area) are very inexpensive.

• Nostrum likes this

#12 Nostrum

Nostrum

Head Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:13 AM

That looks legit - and the prices for their products (at least from a retailer in my area) are very inexpensive.

Raws tested by PA, Salvo TD carrier and the direct sale price isn't bad either.  They'll ship just about anywhere too.

#13 sinewave3

sinewave3

• Members
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

I picked up some of their salvo and epiandro, thinking that with a bit of DHEA could be a decent cycle base while waiting on Trest to come back.

Beau, you have me researching Pregnolone now...

Sinewave3's Road To Recovery log: http://www.prohormon...ad-to-recovery/

#14 Mr.50

Mr.50

• Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

For those trying to keep estrogen at bay does transdermal DHEA have a better conversion profile to androgens than oral DHEA? Or is it the same?
Mr.50

#15 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:56 PM

I picked up some of their salvo and epiandro, thinking that with a bit of DHEA could be a decent cycle base while waiting on Trest to come back.

Beau, you have me researching Pregnolone now...

Pregnenolone powder is also available (and rather inexpensively) for TD use.

• sinewave3 likes this

#16 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:58 PM

For those trying to keep estrogen at bay does transdermal DHEA have a better conversion profile to androgens than oral DHEA? Or is it the same?

Great question.  I really don't know (but will look).  My "driver" fro using TD was because I have been told the oral bio-availability of DHEA is poor.  I believe Dr. Chrisler used to (and may still) advocate TD DHEA.

#17 Nostrum

Nostrum

Head Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:58 PM

You may want to use a 4-DHEA product instead:

http://www.prohormon...40-4-andro-t-d/

#18 testosteronet

testosteronet

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:13 PM

Does DHEA, 4-Andro, and EpiAndro all compete for the same receptors? I've used them all at the same time before and wondered if I was wasting anything. Felt great, however, always wondered about this. For what it's worth, I've read that 11-OXO/11-Keto helps with the conversion of the above. Not sure if it's true or broscience.

#19 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:19 PM

Here is an extract of a Pubmed study on transdermal DHEA:  

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11252535

And here is a study that refers to DHEA and its association feeling of emotional wellbeing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7515387

#20 Nostrum

Nostrum

Head Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

Does DHEA, 4-Andro, and EpiAndro all compete for the same receptors? I've used them all at the same time before and wondered if I was wasting anything. Felt great, however, always wondered about this. For what it's worth, I've read that 11-OXO/11-Keto helps with the conversion of the above. Not sure if it's true or broscience.

They all react with the androgen receptor but no worries; you should have enough receptors to go 'round.

#21 dacookiemonsta

dacookiemonsta

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

You can get bulk straight DHEA powder for dirt cheap... 

I just picked up 10 grams since I already have a couple bottles of salvo just sitting at home...  I'll test this out myself a bit. And be sure to give some feedback.

I remember a few years ago feeling like absolute crap on cycle with horrible mental fog and Pregnenelone orally helped a lot after a week or and I stayed on it. 

Sad part its one of those things you somehow forget about even the next time you feel yourself in that same position. I have 2-3 bottles sitting around still. 

Going to find them and start taking that again as well and see what the combo does for me. 

I don't think it's just the R-andro but let me put it this way..  I could literally take a nap at the drop of a hat about 18 hours a day right now.  I think this baby thing and really stopping me from getting any r.e.m. sleep at all but man..  I haven't felt this lethargic on cycle in years.  I'm bored with zero energy in the weight room too..

And I'm running 6 androhard caps a day.  (went from 2 for 2 weeks to 3 to a week to 4 to a week to 6)

Cycles are getting weirder and weirder for me in my late 20s and early 30s.  I use to feel like superman. Sex drive hasn't really been back to a couple years ago since my trest run.. Never felt like it bounced back on my 3 month cruise of test and even 400mg of test isn't getting me anywhere real fun. Have no problem getting the job done but i "may" wake up with morning wood once every couple weeks and I'm not really ever horny per say.  Maybe it's the married life.   

#22 Mr.50

Mr.50

• Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

It really can be the married life bro. For example u can be married and not horny at all with your wife but then have a significant temptation for another woman ....
Mr.50

#23 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:10 PM

You can get bulk straight DHEA powder for dirt cheap... 

I just picked up 10 grams since I already have a couple bottles of salvo just sitting at home...  I'll test this out myself a bit. And be sure to give some feedback.

I remember a few years ago feeling like absolute crap on cycle with horrible mental fog and Pregnenelone orally helped a lot after a week or and I stayed on it. 

Sad part its one of those things you somehow forget about even the next time you feel yourself in that same position. I have 2-3 bottles sitting around still. 

Going to find them and start taking that again as well and see what the combo does for me. 

I don't think it's just the R-andro but let me put it this way..  I could literally take a nap at the drop of a hat about 18 hours a day right now.  I think this baby thing and really stopping me from getting any r.e.m. sleep at all but man..  I haven't felt this lethargic on cycle in years.  I'm bored with zero energy in the weight room too..

And I'm running 6 androhard caps a day.  (went from 2 for 2 weeks to 3 to a week to 4 to a week to 6)

Cycles are getting weirder and weirder for me in my late 20s and early 30s.  I use to feel like superman. Sex drive hasn't really been back to a couple years ago since my trest run.. Never felt like it bounced back on my 3 month cruise of test and even 400mg of test isn't getting me anywhere real fun. Have no problem getting the job done but i "may" wake up with morning wood once every couple weeks and I'm not really ever horny per say.  Maybe it's the married life.   

You might consider 5-HTP, a small amount of melatonin and 19 grams glutamine about an our prior to bed.  It helps (at least it does for me) with sleep. 

#24 BeauB

BeauB

• Members
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

It really can be the married life bro. For example u can be married and not horny at all with your wife but then have a significant temptation for another woman ....

That part is all about control; most importantly a married man controlling his eyes.

#25 delsolrob

delsolrob

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

Pregnenolone powder is also available (and rather inexpensively) for TD use.

We've been considering making a td pregnenolone product as well...can likely make it pretty darn cost effective.

• Nostrum likes this

Rep Iron Legion

Rep Alpha Gainz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)