Cheat Meals

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

How often you do them while cutting down? I'm 200lbs, 5'7" and approximately 15% bf. Endo body type. I'm eating 1500 calories a day, 250gs of protein, 50gs of carbs, 30-50 fat. Thanks!

#2 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

I find that doing it at least one to two times a week helps me conquer the sweet tooth and craving binges i normally have in this phase, i just call it carb loading

#3 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

Twice a week? Sounds like heaven while cutting lol don't feel like 2x throws you off progress? I'm a but of an endo with body type

#4 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:56 PM

nah, but to each their own. Bodies aren't built in one day

#5 scuncknuts

scuncknuts

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

Just use if it fits your macros whenever you want. 

#6 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

Just use if it fits your macros whenever you want.

From my experience it's good to blow your macros once a week and pig out one meal. Thoughts?

#7 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:43 PM

well no offense but if your profile pic is you currently, youre well over 15%. You shouldnt need any cheats at that bodyfat.

http://milehighkratom.com/janoy15 for 15% discount<p>Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

Wes15 also for 15% off of imr products. They're always reliable on the shipping speeds so if you need it fast, you know where to go.

#8 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:23 AM

well no offense but if your profile pic is you currently, youre well over 15%. You shouldnt need any cheats at that bodyfat.

Had it tested about as good as I can but maybe you're right. Better safe than sorry

#9 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

Had it tested about as good as I can but maybe you're right. Better safe than sorry

yeah avoid the cheats for now. Your body won't respond as well to them as when you're lean. If you're getting urges to binge add 100-200 calories a day to your macros. I would put that towards veggies or some protein yogurt (I think I made a post in another thread about that and how to make it).
http://milehighkratom.com/janoy15 for 15% discount<p>Most of my post are simply talking out loud. Do not take what I say seriously.

Wes15 also for 15% off of imr products. They're always reliable on the shipping speeds so if you need it fast, you know where to go.

#10 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

michellinman48, I'm in roughly the same situation.

These days I'm combining Atkins diet with Intermittent Fasting. It takes me a few days to get into ketosis and a cheat meal usually kicks me out. That means several more days before I'm back in ketosis. So when I get the urge to cheat I remember how much it sucks not being in ketosis and that's motivation enough. So at least my cheat meals tend to be lower in carbs than just letting it all go. Who knows it may change in the future.

Before i was trying to stay in ketosis, I just focused on how much I wanted to see my abs. So a cheat meal for me was still pretty healthy. So it's a matter of keeping your eyes on the prize.

#11 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

michellinman48, I'm in roughly the same situation.

These days I'm combining Atkins diet with Intermittent Fasting. It takes me a few days to get into ketosis and a cheat meal usually kicks me out. That means several more days before I'm back in ketosis. So when I get the urge to cheat I remember how much it sucks not being in ketosis and that's motivation enough. So at least my cheat meals tend to be lower in carbs than just letting it all go. Who knows it may change in the future.

Before i was trying to stay in ketosis, I just focused on how much I wanted to see my abs. So a cheat meal for me was still pretty healthy. So it's a matter of keeping your eyes on the prize.

Yeah, it's not a motivation factor for me. Just want to work smarter not harder whether that be cheat meal or not. In my experience and training with people who are NASM certified, degrees in nutritional science, etc if your diet is designed to seriously cut, it is crucial to have a cheat meal 1 out of the 7 days. Cheat MEAL, not cheat day. But on that meal, you go all out and binge on whatever you crave. The point being increasing leptin and "get the furnace going again" as your body wants to keep fat as a survival adaptation. The harder you diet, the less of this fat burning hormone your body will produce. To me, the binge cheat always sounded too much or cop out but they know more than me so I did it. But not saying their wrong either. Sop hard to tell what's science and bro sci

#12 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

Yeah, it's not a motivation factor for me. Just want to work smarter not harder whether that be cheat meal or not. In my experience and training with people who are NASM certified, degrees in nutritional science, etc if your diet is designed to seriously cut, it is crucial to have a cheat meal 1 out of the 7 days. Cheat MEAL, not cheat day. But on that meal, you go all out and binge on whatever you crave. The point being increasing leptin and "get the furnace going again" as your body wants to keep fat as a survival adaptation. The harder you diet, the less of this fat burning hormone your body will produce. To me, the binge cheat always sounded too much or cop out but they know more than me so I did it. But not saying their wrong either. Sop hard to tell what's science and bro sci

the metabolism down regulation is pretty much a myth. In starvation studies the most that you can adapt is maybe 300 calories down in bmr and that's an extreme case. From what ive experienced is yes, a binge isn't stored as fat if you were in a deficit for a while. Especially if its low fat and carb heavy. Your body will burn the glucose off, store it as muscle glycogen, and it gives energy so you end up having more NEAT and you end up working harder in the gym due to not feeling sluggish and depleted. Like I said this effect is more pronounced at lower bodyfat. At a higher bodyfat it might just set you back more but its essential to carb up once you feel depleted under a certain bodyfat  % or your diet adherence, mental state, and performance will deteriorate.

• delariva likes this

#13 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

the metabolism down regulation is pretty much a myth. In starvation studies the most that you can adapt is maybe 300 calories down in bmr and that's an extreme case. From what ive experienced is yes, a binge isn't stored as fat if you were in a deficit for a while. Especially if its low fat and carb heavy. Your body will burn the glucose off, store it as muscle glycogen, and it gives energy so you end up having more NEAT and you end up working harder in the gym due to not feeling sluggish and depleted. Like I said this effect is more pronounced at lower bodyfat. At a higher bodyfat it might just set you back more but its essential to carb up once you feel depleted under a certain bodyfat % or your diet adherence, mental state, and performance will deteriorate.

I binged hard yesterday for the first time since I cut carbs out three weeks ago and l feel so much more alive lol mental focus and everything night and day better. So crevesa, let me see if I got this right: it does nothing for tricking your body into not going into starvation mode, but once a week won't set you back but it will help you regain energy in the gym, ect so the pros definitely outweigh the cons and overall is a net positive in a cut. Correct? I'm wondering how long does it take for your body to use all that energy and how long ateare you actually cutting? If it takes your body 2 days to use all that energy from the cheat, your really only "cutting" for a net 4 days even though eating strict and clean for 6... Maybe once every 2 weeks is better

#14 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:40 PM

I started a new job the same time I cut the carbs (bad timing, right?) And today after the cheat I'm completing tasks in half the time I was before lol

#15 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

I binged hard yesterday for the first time since I cut carbs out three weeks ago and l feel so much more alive lol mental focus and everything night and day better. So crevesa, let me see if I got this right: it does nothing for tricking your body into not going into starvation mode, but once a week won't set you back but it will help you regain energy in the gym, ect so the pros definitely outweigh the cons and overall is a net positive in a cut. Correct? I'm wondering how long does it take for your body to use all that energy and how long ateare you actually cutting? If it takes your body 2 days to use all that energy from the cheat, your really only "cutting" for a net 4 days even though eating strict and clean for 6... Maybe once every 2 weeks is better

once the bloat is gone the energy is usually burned up. it depends on your activity level and how much you eat the following days. I wouldn't cut carbs out also. That triggers the cravings usually due to it messing up some hormones like serotonin.  The starvation mode is a myth but for performance benefits having a cheat can be a good thing. If I were behind on a prep and didn't give a fuck about performance or anything I wouldn't do the cheat but if you want to maybe keep progressing in lifts the cheats are good. Moderation

#16 delariva

delariva

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

the metabolism down regulation is pretty much a myth. In starvation studies the most that you can adapt is maybe 300 calories down in bmr and that's an extreme case. From what ive experienced is yes, a binge isn't stored as fat if you were in a deficit for a while. Especially if its low fat and carb heavy. Your body will burn the glucose off, store it as muscle glycogen, and it gives energy so you end up having more NEAT and you end up working harder in the gym due to not feeling sluggish and depleted. Like I said this effect is more pronounced at lower bodyfat. At a higher bodyfat it might just set you back more but its essential to carb up once you feel depleted under a certain bodyfat  % or your diet adherence, mental state, and performance will deteriorate.

This is gold

#17 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

This is gold

What ive been doing for the past 2 weeks is on Saturday, I will eat my cheat meals, and once I get bloated and things stop digesting well I cut the food off. I don't count the calories those days but estimate about 6k or so. I also work a physical job and I end up eating less the next day so the damage done is non existent. Foods that I find work best are going to be light and easy digestible things like some cookies, maybe cereal, chocolate, candy. I avoid more meat on those days and fiber so I don't wake up pregnant. Just gotta find what you can get away with. Play with it. If you eat x amount and wake up bloated and feeling bad, then eat a bit less that day and next week eat less on that day so you don't spill over as bad.

• delariva and commandopat like this

#18 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:58 PM

I like it. I'll keep this in mind when I'm not as chubby lol

#19 Coltzy

Coltzy

starting PCT tomorrow

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

imo cheat meals are counter productive for most. If you need to cheat, Id suggest doing before or after a hard workout. i think many wait til an off day to do a cheat which makes no sense to me. Cals are fuel, use them!!

THE MOST HARDCORE BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS ON THE MARKET, PERIOD!
IRONMAGLABS BODYBUILDING NUTRITION

IronMagLabs.com

#20 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

imo cheat meals are counter productive for most. If you need to cheat, Id suggest doing before or after a hard workout. i think many wait til an off day to do a cheat which makes no sense to me. Cals are fuel, use them!!

the off day makes more sense. It take time for your body to digest the fuel, plus who can train on a full stomach? Not me atleast haha.

And yeah agreed cheats are counterproductive for people who aren't pretty low bodyfat like sub 10. If you're fat your body has no problem using that fat for fuel. When you get lean your body can't liberate the fat as quick and will start to eat muscle glycogen a bit faster and will drain your energy more.

#21 bradray

bradray

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

Coltzy hit the nail right on the head, if you are gonna cheat, cheat right after a good hard workout for recovery. Off days are repair days and your body probably only needs protein the most to rebuild muscle fibers. Realistically, if you are doing cardio 5-6 times a week or lifting 5-6 times a week, you should be able to eat most anything and not get fat when running anabolics, true story, i read it on the internet somewhere!

#22 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:25 PM

Coltzy hit the nail right on the head, if you are gonna cheat, cheat right after a good hard workout for recovery. Off days are repair days and your body probably only needs protein the most to rebuild muscle fibers. Realistically, if you are doing cardio 5-6 times a week or lifting 5-6 times a week, you should be able to eat most anything and not get fat when running anabolics, true story, i read it on the internet somewhere!

Speaking of cardio, how many of you guys are going cardio if you're lifting 5-6 days a week?
I lift pretty hard. A solid hour with 30 seconds rest between says I'd 12-15. I estimate my bmr to be a little under 2500 cals and I eat 1500 a day as mentioned above. With that deficit, I would think cardio is counter productive. Thoughts?

#23 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

Speaking of cardio, how many of you guys are going cardio if you're lifting 5-6 days a week?
I lift pretty hard. A solid hour with 30 seconds rest between says I'd 12-15. I estimate my bmr to be a little under 2500 cals and I eat 1500 a day as mentioned above. With that deficit, I would think cardio is counter productive. Thoughts?

#24 michellinman48

michellinman48

• Members
  • 372 posts

I lift pretty hard. A solid hour with 30 seconds rest between says I'd 12-15. I estimate my bmr to be 2500 cals a day and I eat 1500 a day as mentioned above. With that deficit, I would think cardio is counter productive. Thoughts?

#25 janoy crevesa

janoy crevesa

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:40 PM

cardio post workout liss 30 mins every day,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users